Tuesday, March 30, 2010

NYC Eats

Is it bad that it's only Tuesday and I've already planned out where/what I'll be eating for almost every meal when I'm in NYC this weekend? Blame my weakness for Food Network and the fact that I'm seeing Emily who is probably a bigger foodie than me.

So far planned stops:

Thursday night dinner - The Smith - East Village

Gael Greene says the Mac n Cheese is to die for. Oh and they have a little appetizer called BRAISED BACON w red onion marmalade on the menu. Yes please.

Friday lunch:
Ace Hotel. Apparently pretty cool lil sandwich shop in there.

Then off to the Bronx zoo! No, I will not be eating the animals. Just observing the adorable baby ones!

Friday dinner:
Somewhere w Bridget - TBD - any UES dining recs, people? I have a distinct feeling this could end up being more drinking than eating, knowing Fidge.

Saturday (any meal!):
Stand - Greenwich Village

Michael Symon says the Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake there is one of "The Best Things I Ever Ate" and according to everything I've read on the interweb, he's not the only one that thinks so.



Of course I'll be getting a nice slice and a big ole bagel at some point while I'm there for sure. And I'll swing by my fave, Butterlane on my way out of the city to snag some cupcakes to bring to Mom's for Easter dinner.

Gah, that's alot of eating. But its supposed to be loverly this weekend, so I'm sure I'll walk it all off. Right? RIGHT?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The UES is surprisingly devoid of good, reasonably priced food. Doug and I enjoy Big Daddy's (diner on 2nd Ave), Hummus Kitchen (also on 2nd Ave) and Luke's Bar & Grill on 3rd Ave. Other than that, we haven't found much and end up going elsewhere to eat. The UWS has about a billion good places to choose from.