Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Strangers

So its ridic how hot is is out right now. I mean 92 in the beginning of April? What's July going to be like? Did I really have 4 feet of snow outside my house 2 months ago? I was planning on playing some tennis today but it was so hot I opted to stay at work in the AC. On the way home I swung by Coldstone to pick up a tasty lemon sorbet / rasberry sorbet combo w gummi bears to cool off. [I really really was craving a snowball, but I've yet to find an open stand and have also expressly promised a certain someone that we would get our 1st snowballs of the season together].

And then some lady in line just comes up to me and asks if I'm in chemo. Well yeah, I did do some pretty hard core chemo back in September before my transplant. And yes, my hair is in the process of growing back. But I don't know you. What makes people have the balls to just ask that? Well it turns out, this lady had breast cancer 5 yrs ago, and had been through it all herself and she just wanted to congratulate me on my well-being. Which is nice, and I do feel bad for my initial annoyance.

But sometimes it boggles my mind things people will say to a stranger. Or do for that matter. You'd be surprised how many people thought it was cool to just come up and touch my head when I was bald. And I hear pregnant ladies get randoms touching their bellies all the time. I mean being sick, or being pregnant, sometimes thats when you most want boundaries yet that's when people opt to ignore them.

Sigh, sorry to vent there. I'll be nice and calm in a couple hours after yoga. And then probably immediately tense again when I don't make it home in time for Lost. Thank god for Hulu. Too bad I'll basically have to stay off the internet completely though til the ep is posted to avoid spoilers...

Just to lighten things up, enjoy some pictures of Lucy lounging on our lovely new comforter from Pottery Barn...

No comments: