Thursday, January 22, 2009

full time blogging

Well, the few of you who actually read this blog will be excited to hear that you'll be getting ALOT more posts in the coming days, weeks, and months. Yes my friends, today I got laid off from my job at H&D. I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. It didn't take me being an economics major to see that the company was never run well and frankly was clueless when it came to all things financial. Riddle me this Batman, how is it that I could have a regional virtually unknown healthcare company for a client at Planit that billed millions a year, yet at H&D we did all the in-store and packaging for an international cosmetics company and we billed maybe a 5th that amount. Hmmmm...

Factor in a troubling economy and the lay off really shouldn't be a surprise. But given my health condition, I somehow thought I was safe. Nope. I mean if you think about it, I was costing the company way more then my salary with all my insurance costs. Then factor in all the days I miss for treatment or because I'm running a fever. I understand that made me the most easily expendable from my department - I contributed the least. But I'm still taking it personally. Like I did something wrong. I'm trying to keep my chin up, and remember I wasn't fired. But its still tough. It will take a while to sink in.

For now I'll take this time as an opportunity to rest and do my best to get better. I'll deal with the tough stuff (oh like lack of health insurance, for example) in a few days.

I think now I'll play a little Rock Band to relieve some stress. (Yeah, kind of second guessing a $150 video game purchase now that I'm jobless... May as well make the most out of it.)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Mia that sucks! I'm so sorry, but you are right, now you can blog full time. And that means I will always have something to distract me at work! Love ya lots