Monday, January 19, 2009

sigh

I wanted to get a good night sleep before I wrote anything here about last nights AFC Championship game. I was just so angry, I knew that any post I wrote would be a rant, in all caps, filled with expletives and unnecessary exclamation points.

Well I got 8 hours of sleep and ya know what? I'm still pissed. But for now, I'll just say this:

1. I'm so unbelievably proud of my Ravens, and how far they made it this season despite the low expectations going in. What we did was truly remarkable considering our record last season and our rookie QB and head coach.
2. Flacco did play like a rookie but Harbaugh certainly did not - the play challenge in the 1st quarter - over whether Santonio Holmes had the catch, when everyone else thought he had a TD - that was a veteran coaching move.
3. My thoughts are with WIllis McGahee and I hope he'll be alright. I was upset enough at the outcome of the game to that point, but to see a player go down like that, it really shook me up.
4. To Rex Ryan, who will inevitably get a head coaching spot now, probably with the Jets, THANK YOU for everything you've done for the Ravens and for Baltimore. You will be missed, but you deserve this opportunity.
5. I refuse to watch ESPN, read my sports blogs, or listen to sports radio until after the Super Bowl - I can not listen to everyone fawn over the Steelers every second of every day.
6. I still HATE the Steelers. And I would like to clarify that I mean not just the team, but their fans, who I find not only obnoxious but extremely disrespectful.
7. Lets go CARDINALS! This is your 1st Super Bowl. Lets make it count boys!

I'm sure the anger rants will come eventually, but as long as I stick to number 5 above, they should be kept in check. Hopefully.


SIGH.

No comments: