Tuesday, January 20, 2009

happy inauguration day!

Being sick is no fun. But as my leg continues to heal, and as my painkillers render me too loopy to drive or work, I am lucky enough to be home on this historic day and able to watch the events unfold on TV. Obaaamaaaaa! Yay!

The above mentioned loopiness is going to keep this post short. But not before I get to my point. And its actually not about Obama (while I think he is unbelievable). My point is actually about LBJ and why I think he's pretty awesome himself.

Obviously all media, and well, everyone in general is completely focused on all things presidential today. In that light, my fav foodie Elizabeth Large at Baltimore Sun has listed favorite foods of the last 10 presidents. (Obama apparently loves pizza, BTW)

1) George W. Bush: Mexican food

2) William J. Clinton: Chicken enchiladas (allergic to chocolate!)

3) George H. W. Bush: Pork rinds

4) Ronald Reagan:Macaroni and cheese

5) Jimmy Carter: Sirloin steak

6) Gerald Ford: Pot roast and red cabbage

7) Richard Nixon: Cottage cheese and ketchup

8) Lyndon Johnson: He liked Fresca so much he had a fountain dispensing the soda pop installed in the Oval Office.

9) John F. Kennedy: Tomato soup with sour cream

10) Dwight Eisenhower: Vegetable soup and steak


That's right folks - Johnson loved Fresca just as much as I do. I mean a soda fountain in the Oval Office? Thats dedication people. I need me one of those babies.

OK, this is way more thinking then my brain can take today. Back to the couch.

No comments: