Monday, December 8, 2008

daytime tv discoveries - trivial pursuit: america plays

This morning I woke up with a fever so I didn't go into work. Now being sick is never fun, but one perk of staying home sick is discovering new horrible daytime television. Today's discovery: Trivial Pursuit: America Plays (from now on to be referred to as TPAP)

Now I love Trivial Pursuit, so when I saw that my TiVo Bob wanted to change the channel from the random home improvement show I was watching on HGTV to TPAP I thought, "wow, Bob really DOES know me!" But wow, was it a train wreck to watch. First off, its hosted by Christopher Knight (aka Bobby Brady aka the dude that married the crazy chick from America Next Top Model that he met on the Surreal Life, Adrienne Currt).

I feel so bad for this guy. He seems so nice. But here he just looks exhausted and beat down in his ill fitting suit. He should be at home on a couch living off of the Brady Bunch syndication royalties. But instead that psycho model bled his Brady money dry and now he has to host a crappy syndicated game show.

My other issue, compared to the board game, the questions on TPAP are totally moronic. Because "America" can submit their own categories and questions via video. In the 5 minutes I could bear to watch, here is was a sampling of what America thought was TP worthy:

Category: Vegas
Question: "What hotel on the strip is shaped like a pyramid?"

Category: Hip-hop
Question: "Which hip hop group had the 1st album to hit #1 on the billboard charts?"

Category: Holidays
Question: "What holiday is celebrated on June 14th?"

What happened to "Arts & Literature" or "Science & Nature"? I mean VEGAS? Really?!

No comments: