Friday, December 5, 2008

flacco has arrived


I've been slow to jump on the Joe Flacco bandwagon. Many years as a Ravens fan has made me wary of our quarterbacks. There is all the hype, then you get all excited for the new one but then they inevitably let you down (I'm looking at you Boller!). But no one can deny that Flacco's play this season has been impressive for a rookie I mean check out these stats:



But to me, the one true sign that Flacco has become "the real deal" is his new horrible yet amusing TV spot for Mother's. I've spent the better part of the morning looking for video. But unfortunately its too new to have hit the web. But watch ESPN for an hour or so and you're sure to catch "Rookie Hazing with Joe Flacco". The film quality is bad, the premise is lame, the voice over sucks. But great Ravens have had a history with these shitty commercials.

Example 1: Eastern Motors - featuring Ray Lewis. I find these to be the most justifiable of the bad local ads because you know Ray Ray got a free car(s) out of it.





Example 2: Gebco Insurance featuring Jonathan Ogden. My personal favorite local Ravens commercial. I mean look at him dance. Love it!



So Flacco, if 2 future Hall of Famers can make garbage commercials like these, then maybe the future will be just as bright for you. Good luck young one.

No comments: