Tuesday, December 2, 2008

neverending netflix queue - mad men

I've been pushing season 1 of Mad Men down my Netflix queue for the past couple months. There was just so much hype behind it, especially in the advertising world which i am so lucky/unlucky to be a part of. Anyway, I just thought I'd be disappointed. Well I finally finished watching the last disc and I must say, I understand the critical acclaim - it really was a pleasure to watch.

At first Peggy really bugged me, because I could only envision her as Zoey, President Bartlett's youngest daughter from the West Wing. But as they started putting her in those absurd fat suits as she got progressively more pregnant, the separation was much easier. Because not only did she not look like Zoey, she barely looked like a real person anymore. Lol. I wish I could find fat Peggy pics, but you don't even want to know what comes up when you Google "fat Peggy" - lets just say its a good thing I'm not at work right now...

Speaking of West Wing, can I mention how much I heart that they are showing reruns on Bravo again? So so good.




No comments: